There is one really nasty bug in Adobe Illustrator CS3 which manifests when trying to save a file. Everytime I tried this operation I was receiving an error telling me that Illustrator.exe has thrown exception and suggesting me to use debugger. After trying lots of stuff including installing all updates from Adobe I found the reason – my Print Spooler Service was configured to start manually and therefor not running.
So in summary: if you plan to save files from Adobe Illustrator CS3 keep your Print Spooler service running.
On 17 Jan 2008 took place the first event in Bulgaria dedicated to Adobe Flex and building RIA with it. It was well organized by Gugga and RIABG with one exception – it was in a weekly day which for sure lowered the number of visitors.
Summary of the things that were interesting to me:
- A sneak preview of Adobe Thermo – there are couple of videos already on YouTube
- Adobe Flex 3 CRUD Database Wizard
- Couple of presentations which included good explanations for Flex databinding mechanism
- A demo of SWFAddress deeplinking utility
Of course there were some disappointments too – there was one presentation about laptop.bg which looked like payed commercial because it didn’t showed anything connected with Flex even the site itself and one more: the guy sitting in front of me took the iPod :(
Anyway it was a good experience, I hope there will be plenty more.
After bumping my head against the monitor for couple of minutes i have successfully installed Adobe Flex Builder Linux Public Alpha on my Debian Unstable Linux. Here is the procedure:
1. wget http://download.macromedia.com/pub/labs/flex/\
2. apt-get install eclipse sun-java5-bin
3. update-alternatives –config java
(set /usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5.0-sun/jre/bin/java to be used)
4. run the installer