Usually I don’t blog much about non-technical daily stuff but this is something that changed the world for more than 50 000 people.
1. Entrance – Entering the Stadium was as always adventure. After passing the first check point we turned the wrong direction and went round the whole stadium. Because of this at the end we were stuck in big mass of people which slowed us down with a hour and a half. We missed both Down and Sword but happily arrived around 8:40 early enough not to miss anything from Metallica.
2. Spot – The spot we occupied was great – 20m from the stage a bit to the left (generally heading the most left microphone) with great view and…
3. Sound – With the very first song I was amazed. There are many comments for bad sound but where we were – it was PERFECT. Not moving my pants from the sound waves but quite clear. I had never attended a concert with such good sound quality.
4. Track list – Just great. No new crap only head banging classics –
Creeping Death, Fuel, Ride The Lightning, For Whom The Bell Tolls, Welcome Home (Sanitarium), Leper Messiah, …And Justice For All, Wherever I May Roam, Fade To Black, Master Of Puppets, Motorbreath(muutafrat ….), Nothing Else Matters, Sad But True, One, Enter Sandman, Last Caress, Stone Cold Crazy, Seek And Destroy (Sucheeen seek and distroy oi oi oi)
5. Crowd – I believe we were insanly good. Everyone was shouting and singing on all songs and with the stadium totally full I hope Metallica will remember Bulgaria for quite long
6. Pyro – There were great flames and pyro that heated up the close to the stage people.
7. Metallica – great performance (hey James stop spitting you almost hit me), great musicians, great attitude – Thanks for the Flag at the end
Can not wish for something more (heh except next year again – Lars you promised)!